BLACK MOULD DETECTION 4582


Many people don’t realize that black mould detection is a complicated process, because they assume that identifying black mould spores is as simple as looking at a surface to see if it looks mouldy. Don’t let yourself fall into this line of thinking, because misidentifying or ignoring the signs of black mold may result in a number of problems for anyone who is exposed.

BLACK MOULD HEALTH PROBLEMS

Symptoms of black mold exposure

The reason that a black mould problem in Iish houses is so serious lies in the fact that it can cause serious health problems for people who are exposed to black mould spores. In fact, many people don’t begin the black mould detection process until after they have become sick, because it is the illness that makes them look for the cause of the problem.

In the beginning, the symptoms are mild and may include headaches, itchy or watery eyes, runny nose, sinus infections, skin rashes, coughing, and a lack of energy. If the mold problem is left untreated and exposure continues, then these symptoms will become worse and can escalate into serious problems such as chronic fatigue syndrome, vomiting, cancer, and even death.

The problem with these symptoms is that they often start out as if the person has a cold or the flu. So, they don’t think about black mould because it is assumed that they are ill with a virus. But, the diagnosis is questioned when they are still sick a few weeks later, and some people may be ill for a few months. As long as the black mould is present, the person will continue to be sick.

HOW TO DETECT BLACK MOULD IN IRELAND

If you are experiencing health problems that may be a result of a mould problem, then it is important to begin the black mould detection process as soon as possible in order to prevent more serious health conditions. The best way to identify the extent of black mould spores present within the building is by working with a professional who can use high-end testing equipment to test surfaces, air quality, and HVAC systems.

Don’t make the mistake of trying to use an at-home testing kit, because these kits are not reliable and most people don’t understand how to use them correctly. Sometimes people make the mistake of using an at-home kit and they don’t do the testing right, and then they have a false sense of security when the results come back showing that they do not have a mold problem.

CLEANING UP MOULD

Black mould detection is only the first step in the process, because once it has been determined that black mould spores are present, then you need to take immediate action to clean up the contaminated area and prevent additional health issues. But, this cleanup process needs to be done with care, because using the wrong cleanup techniques may result in the mold spreading even further through the building and cross-contaminating other areas.

Many people make the mistake of trying to clean up the mould by treating it the same as dirt: they spray the area down with a standard household cleaner, use a rag or scrub brush on the area that looks dirty, and then wash it down with water. This cleanup method is not good, because the black mould spores probably will not all be killed and the scrubbing process could send those microscopic spores moving through the air to cross contaminate other areas of the home.

If you want to protect the health of yourself and other people who may have been in contact with mould, the best approach is to use a professional for black mould detection and cleanup. Once all of the mould has been located, a professional should be hired to properly remove the mould, determine what caused it to grow, and mould-proof the home so it does not return.

BENEFITS OF HAVING A PROFESSIONAL HANDLE THE CLEAN UP OF MOULD IN YOUR HOME

Some irish homeowners are concerned about the cost of hiring a professional to clean up mould in the home. The cost of hiring a professional can vary greatly depending on the extent of your mould problem and where you live. If you have only a small amount of mould and are somewhat handy around the home, you may not need a professional to do the job. There are a number of benefits to hiring a professional, though.

  • A professional knows how to locate all the mould in the home, including mould in places that homeowners often miss (such as mould growing in air ducts or inside walls).
  • A professional knows what products work best on different types of mould.
  • A professional has all the necessary equipment to remove mould safely.
  • Having a professional handle the clean up protects you from further exposure to potentially harmful mould, which is especially important if you have mold-related health problems or any kind of respiratory disorder.